Monday, March 7, 2011

The story of how we came to be

     I was a freshman in high school when I first met my marine in our english class. I don't remember much from way back then but we remained friends through four years of my high school days. He was the one I would stop and talk to every day. I saw him all the time. I didn't think of him much back then. I was caught up in my own life and he was quiet. He was a great friend though.

     I think back to those days and I remember thinking he was such a cool guy. i wish we had gotten together then. I think my life would have been a lot less trying if he had come into my life romantically earlier but who knows how we would have ended up.

     Fast forward to April 2010, four years after graduating and he adds me on facebook. I remember posting about wanting a man who had enough confidence to go after what he wants when he sees it and how when a man doesn't call, it means he doesn't want you. He replied and then when I posted about wanting friend's numbers, he gave me his. I texted him and the rest is history. We talked for a couple months and he invited me to be his date at his best friends wedding.

     That was the weekend of July 9, 2010. We started dating that weekend. At first, it was rocky. We lived six hours from each other and I, frankly, didn't know how to have a healthy relationship. He was determined to make it work and his sense of self, his love for me, and his commitment made me want to see it through. I wanted him but I was really scared and I ended up making some mistakes. He loved me anyways. He forgave me for the trouble I put us through and held onto me like I was his life line.

     I've never been loved like that. He saw through all my insecurities and saw me for who i really am. He loved me, flaws and all, and that's all I've ever wanted. We were on and off until november 2010 when I commitment myself to him for the rest of my life. He needed me to promise him i'd stick it out til at least the end of this deployment and I'm going and then continuing to do so for the rest of my life.

     He's my best friend. He's the only person I can tell anything to without judgement or criticism. He tells me how it is without making me feel bad about myself. He's taught me how to truly love. I didn't know what a healthy relationship was until him. I owe him my life for this.

     So now, almost seven months since our relationship began and I feel like the old me was a lifetime ago. I'm a better person because of him. Our deployment ends in march and I can not wait to get engaged and start my life as a faithful military wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment