Saturday, May 14, 2011

My wedding plans so far!

As newly engaged, I have so many emotions and thoughts running through my head. I'm ecstatic to be engaged. I'm so in love with my fiance and I can't wait to be his wife. At the same time, I miss him so much and I'm saddened that I have to be so far from my love. My fiance and I have been long distance since we started dating last July and we're six hours apart now. We've had our ups and downs, and it's been quite a journey. We've been through a deployment for seven months while he was in Japan and I know if we can make it through that, we can make it through anything life throws at us. We're going to be long distance for another year as I go away to California State University, Chico to work on my Bachelor's of Social Work Degree. We'll be twelve hours from one another once I move. I plan on transferring to CSU San Diego next year so I can live with my soon-to-be husband though.

Our goal is to be married early June of 2012. We haven't picked a set date yet but I'm constantly thinking of that. I have a few details of the wedding that I've thought of. My colors are blush, cream, silver, and gun metal and the style is elegant, romantic, and classic. I'm pretty traditional but there will defiantely be some out of the ordinary at the reception too. I want a candy bar instead of the traditional wedding favors and possibly a photobooth as well! We're having a Catholic ceremony. I was born and raised Catholic. I do not have a home church right now so I'll be looking around to find a church I'm happy with. Right now, we're thinking the wedding and reception will be in Paso Robles, Ca. I'll be posting as we go on our journey as future man and wife. I won't keep you in suspense for too long!

Here is my wedding website. Go ahead, take a look!
http://www.theknot.com/ourwedding/RichardStephens&JessicaSmith

No comments:

Post a Comment